This following Media Advisory is posted at the request of the organizers Jabbar Jaafar and Abdul Amir AL Hamdani.
Contact: Jabbar Jaafar
Urgent action is needed to stop ISIS’s barbaric acts against Iraq’s and international heritage
We are cultural and archaeological activists preparing to kick off a campaign in Washington, DC to urge and pressure the policy and decision makers to take immediate action to stop ISIS from destroying the remaining Mesopotamian Civilization in Mosul as well as other archaeological sites or we will lose an important part of Iraqi and world heritage.
The organizers are Jabbar J AL Shuwaili and Abdul Amir AL Hamdani, cultural and heritage activists. Their goals are :
- to urge and pressure the policy and decision makers to take immediate action against the terrorist group ISIS.
- to familiarize the general population in the United States with the savage and uncivilized acts of ISIS that have been performed against the people of Iraq and their civilization.
- to inform the international community that Iraqis are civilized people who love their heritage and are determined to exert every effort to preserve their civilization. And, to make known that what is rumored by ISIS — that the statutes and relics of the old civilizations are forbidden by Islam — is absolutely untrue according to senior moderate Islam clerics.
When: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 12:00 noon.
Where: In front of the White House in Washington, D.C.
About the organizers
Jabbar Jaafar, Strategic Communications Specialist. He is a cultural activist interested in defending culture, heritage, freedom of opinion and expression in Iraq.
Abdul Amir AL Hamdani, Iraqi Archaeologist & Researcher- Stony Brook University
Latest posts by SAFECORNER (see all)
- Welcome to the SAFE Team! - May 31, 2016
- Four Years Later and Still Going Strong - February 2, 2016
- Nearly 600 Artifacts from Cargo Ship Examined by Experts - December 30, 2015